Prior to the millennium regeneration of Devonport over 75% of all homes were social housing, mostly flats.
During the millenniium decade numerous streets were demolished entirely and rebuilt with both houses and flats, the houses providing something previously lacking in Devonport - gardens.
The housing aim during that period was to convert the 75% of social housing into 75% privately owned houses. At time of writing the rebuild is still in progress.
- Midas Homes development at Cornwall & Cannon Streets - marketing/sales name 'Gunwharf'.
- Redrow Homes development at Chapel Street/South Yard - marketing/sales name 'Vision'.
- Midas Homes and Westco Properties development at Ker Street - marketing name 'Evolve'.
- The ex MoD plot at Mount Wise redeveloped by Mount Wise Ltd - marketing name 'Village by the Sea'.
- Redevelopment of the Manor Office chapel Street - sales name 'Manor House Mews'.
- Redevelopment of three streets at Pottery Quay.
Registered Social Landlords
- Devon & Cornwall Housing Association
- Guinness Trust. Envoy House, 61, Longbridge Rd, Plymouth , PL6 8LU. Tel: 01752 276800
- Plymouth Community Homes.
- Sanctuary Housing Association. Citadel Court,Elliott St, Plymouth , PL1 2PP. Tel: 01752 672964
- Sarsen Housing Association 4-5 Russell Court, Palace St, Plymouth , PL1 2AS. Tel: 01752 827730
- Signpost Housing. 4, Mainstone Avenue, Plymouth , PL4 9NB. Tel: 01752 306525
- Sovereign Housing
- Westcountry Housing Association
- William Sutton Housing Association. 69, Miles Mitchell Avenue, Plymouth , PL6 5LZ. Tel: 01752 773092
Devonport Rent Office
10/12 Granby Way,
Tel: 0800 917 9497
Monday to Thursday - 08:45 to 16:30
Friday - 08:45 to 16:00
Monday to Thursday - 08:30 to 17:00
Friday - 08:30 to 16:30
Pembroke Street EMB
North Corner Management Company
North Corner Residents Association
Pottery Quay Residents Association
(updated 3 April 2011)