Schools / Education
Curious Kittens Day Nursery
Curious Kittens Day Nursery, Kings Road, Devonport, Plymouth, PL1 5QG.
- Age Range: from 0 years to 11 years 12 months, places for 46 children
- Responsible Person: Mrs Trisha Barry
- Owner: Plymouth College of Further Education
- Tel: 01752 305345
- Opening Days: Mon-Fri
- Opening Hours: 0815 - 1745 (from September 09)
- When Closed: Bank Holidays & 2Weeks Xmas
Mount Wise Primary Nursery
Mount Wise Community Primary School (see below) provides a nursery facility at
Clowance Lane, Devonport, PL1 4HU.
Noah's Ark Childcare Centre
The Green Ark Children's Centre at Leander House, Fore Street Devonport, PL1 4DW provide experienced and qualified staff. Their programmes of activities and learning exceed all national standards. The company explore the latest training and thinking in childcare to ensure they recruit and retain quality staff. Their diverse childcare services include:
- Wide range of sessions for part, half and full days. Before and after school clubs
- Nutritionally balanced meals included in fees
- Ongoing staff training in all areas of childcare
- Safe, secure and well equipped centres
- Trained special-needs staff
- Tel: 01752 565156 or freephone: 0800 6342867 or Leander house number is 601888
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Roger's Burrow Day Nursery
Woollcombe Block, HMS Drake, Devonport, Plymouth, PL2 2BG
- Local Authority: Plymouth
- Responsible Person: Mrs Lucie Hasell
- Owner: Ms Caroline Francis (Pixieland Day Nurseries)
- Tel: 01752 555878
- Age Range: from 3 months to 5 years, with places for 32 children
- Opening Days: Mon-Fri
- Opening Hours: 0700-1800
- Closed: Bank Holidays & Xmas 1 week
Marlborough Primary School
Marlborough Primary School is located in Morice Square, Devonport, PL1 4NJ. It opened in the 1960s in a building that had been reconstructed following war damage. In 2000 the building underwent extensive refurbishment and was officially re-opened by David Jamieson, Devonport's then Member of Parliament. The school offers a variety of extra-curricular activities - the children can even attend weekly sailing programmes in association with Horizons of Richmond Walk. As with all of Devonport's schools, the children are encouraged to become involved with community events and activities.
Morice Town Primary School
Charlotte Street, Devonport, PL2 1RJ. Morice Town Primary has been awarded a Cultural Diversity Quality Standard - the only primary school in the UK to achieve this accolade.
Mount Wise Community Primary School
Mount Wise Primary is located in James Street, Devonport, PL1 4LA. The school was built in 1956 and opened its doors on 7th November that year. This is a well-equipped school with its own playing field, special-needs room, library, and ICT suite. There is also a Breakfast Club and many after-school clubs.
Mount Wise caters for the whole family... there is a nursery unit and foundation class in a purpose built Foundation Stage building , plus adult education courses are run in the Family Rooms, also located in the Foundation Stage building.
St Joseph's Catholic Primary School
St Joseph's relocated from James Street to Chapel Street, Devonport, PL1 4DJ in 1972. The school has its own playing field and kitchens. There are four classrooms, a large assembly hall and a computer suite. St Joseph's offers many extra-curricular activities and runs a variety of sports clubs such as football, cricket, netball, table tennis, rugby and athletics.
City College Plymouth
Students from Cornwall and Devon attend this college at Kings Road, Devonport, PL1 5QG. Education and training is provided to 14-19 year olds, adult learners and international students. There are NVQ courses, apprenticeships, business courses, higher education - and even free courses on offer.